- 1 pound large Florida pink shrimp peeled and deveined with the tail on
- 2 Florida pink grapefruit peeled and segmented, seeds removed
- 3 Florida tangelos peeled and segmented, seeds removed
- 3 Florida tangerines peeled and segmented, seeds removed
- 1 Florida sweet pepper diced
- 1 large Florida avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons seafood boil seasoning
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 limes juiced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 bag plantain chips or tortilla chips
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Fill a medium-sized sauce pot ¾ the way with water, and heat over medium-high. Add the seafood seasoning to the boiling pot of water. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until completely done.
As soon as the shrimp are done, plunge them into an ice water bath to stop the cooking and cool them off. When the shrimp are completely cool, strain them and put them into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Add the citrus, sweet pepper, red onion, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, and avocado. Season the ingredients to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to combine ingredients. Serve ceviche with chips.