- 1/4 cup finely chopped Florida red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Florida parsley
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 pound Florida lump blue crabmeat drained, shell pieces removed
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumb- divided use
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped Florida shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
Combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently fold in crabmeat and 3/4 cup panko crumbs. Cover and chill 30 minutes
Shape the crab mixture into 8 patties each 3/4-inch thick. In a shallow dish, roll patties in remaining 3/4 cup panko crumbs, coating evenly.
In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil and cook 4 crab cakes at a time for 7 minutes until golden.
Combine broth, shallots, and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve with crab cakes.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.