Famous in the Low Country of Georgia and South Carolina. This boil is done best on an outdoor cooker. It has sausage, shrimp, crab, potatoes and corn for an all-in-one pot all-you-can-eat buffet!
Low Country Shrimp Boil
- 6 quart water
- 2 lbs red potatoes medium, whole
- 10 ears corn husks removed and cut into quarters
- 2 lbs smoked sausage cut into chunks
- 4 lbs uncooked shrimp unpeeled, tails on
- ¾ cup Old Bay seasoning
- Bring water and seasoning to a full boil. Add potatoes and boil for 15 minutes. Add in sausage and cook for 5 minutes. Add corn, cook another 5 minutes. Finally, add Fresh Catch Fish Co shrimp and cook until they turn pink about 4 minutes. Drain pot and served in a very large serving dish. Or to be traditional pour onto a newspaper-covered table.Serve with cocktail sauce, ketchup or melted butter and a lemon wedge.